Position Description: Computational Biologist
Exciting opportunity for experienced Computational Biologist to join the team at Adaptive Phage Therapeutics (APT). The candidate will operate state of the art DNA sequencing machines as well as assemble, annotate, and analyze the output.
- Perform a wide variety of procedures and techniques which may include, but are not limited to cell culture, DNA analysis, DNA isolation, DNA purification, DNA sequencing, sequencing analyses, RNA isolation, RT-PCR, next generation sequencing and other molecular biology techniques.
- Independently and collaboratively plan, develop, and implement experiments and protocols.
- Trouble shoot assays and adjust scientific methodology to correct problems or deficiencies in a research project, experiment, or trial.
- Capture process descriptions and results in lab notebooks, tech transfer documents, and technical reports.
- Participate in project and laboratory meetings, keep current with compliance obligations, and be responsible for maintenance of the laboratory and equipment.
- Maintain careful laboratory records including written lab notebooks and well-organized online data files
- Manage inventory of supplies required to collect DNA sequences.
- Coordinate efforts with data analysis teams as well as management ensuring the business needs are met.
- Develop and validate procedures of sequence collection and data management.
- Maintaining content of internal knowledge sharing and documentation repositories.
- Skilled wet bench biologist with DNA extraction and expertise.
- Outstanding communication, collaboration, and problem solving
- Administrative or project management experience in research or product development settings
- Ability to organize and prioritize assigned workload.
- Experience interacting with scientific stakeholders
- Familiarity working in a Linux environment
- Familiar with bioinformatics tools/software
- Careful, detail-oriented working style
- Initiative in suggesting and executing process improvements
- Bachelor’s degree in Biology, Life Sciences or a related discipline.
- One (1) to three (3) years of experience working in a laboratory setting.
- Experience with DNA sequencing preparation and operation
- Demonstrated experience working in a BSL-2 laboratory environment.
- Demonstrated knowledge of maintaining accurate and detailed records.
- Demonstrated knowledge of proper laboratory disposal methods and safety procedures.
- Adhere to the company Quality Management System (QMS) to maintain highly controlled manufacturing processes.
- Adhere to current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP), Good Documentation Practices (GDP), Biological Safety Level-2 (BSL-2), and aseptic technique in all Manufacturing/Laboratory processes.
- Must maintain a clean working environment including participation in regular laboratory cleaning schedule per established cleaning procedures
The position reports to the Director, Product Development.
Compensation: This is a full-time exempt position and salary is industry-standard and commensurate with experience.
To apply: Please email cover letter and resume to [email protected]
Job ID: 2020-007