POSITION DESCRIPTION: Downstream Manufacturing Technician
We are looking for an experienced manufacturing technician to join the downstream manufacturing team at Adaptive Phage Therapeutics (APT). In this position, the candidate will work alongside the purification team to purify batches of bacteriophage and perform in-process testing of material through the manufacturing process. The candidate must be comfortable with machinery, equipment, aseptic processing/gowning, and interacting with software interfaces.
- Perform downstream processing procedures of bulk drug material according to APT’s Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Operate standard processing equipment such as but not limited to: peristaltic pumps, pipettes, tube welders, filtration systems, and liquid handlers.
- Be comfortable learning new methodologies and skills rapidly while maintaining critical thinking to improve processes and documentation.
- Construct/modify existing flowpaths for alternative uses.
- Prepare analytical lab reports or summaries as required within the necessary time frame.
- Perform in-house microbiological assays for manufactured material and/or clinical trial samples.
- Document all manufacturing activities clearly and accurately per cGMP, QMS, and regulatory requirements.
- Adhere to current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP), Good Documentation Practices (GDP), Biological Safety Level-2 (BSL-2), and aseptic technique in all Manufacturing/Laboratory processes.
- Perform daily manufacturing tasks per SOPs and Manufacturing Production Records.
- Follow recipes to prepare appropriate reagents for processing according to the approved for the manufacturing process.
- Perform all production activities in an aseptic, safe, and compliant manner.
- Routinely monitor manufacturing processes and recognizes potential process issues as they arise; proactively escalate identified issues to senior staff.
- Ensure continued flow of production activities by assessing item availability and obtaining pertinent material if low on stock.
- Must maintain a clean working environment including participation in regular laboratory cleaning schedule per established cleaning SOPs.
- 2+ year(s): Experience in a regulated cleanroom or manufacturing environment or an Associate degree in a life science field
- Experience with downstream laboratory techniques (column chromatography, filtration) preferred
- Will require scheduling flexibility to accommodate varying manufacturing schedules.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs.
- Outstanding organizational and technical communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Self-motivation, adaptability, positive attitude, and the ability to multitask while under pressure.
- Must be able to lift at least 40 pounds.
- Must be able to stand and work for extended periods of time.
Compensation: Salary is industry-standard and is commensurate with experience.
To apply: Please email cover letter and resume to [email protected]
Job ID: 21.001