Position Description: Microbiologist I/II – Downstream Production
Exciting opportunity for an experienced microbiologist/phage biologist to join the downstream manufacturing team at Adaptive Phage Therapeutics (APT). In this position, the candidate will work alongside the downstream production team to purify batches of bacteriophage from host contaminants in to be used in a clinical setting.
- Grow bacterial batch culture and amplify bacteriophages in batch cultures including working with single use disposable bioreactor systems.
- Perform in-process testing of material throughout the manufacturing process.
- Propagate, maintain, and catalogue bacterial cell and bacteriophage lines used for manufacturing of the therapeutic drug product.
- Perform processes for the manufacture and purification of the therapeutic product(s) under approved Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Adhere to the company Quality Management System (QMS) to maintain highly controlled manufacturing processes.
- Adhere to current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP), Good Documentation Practices (GDP), Biological Safety Level-2 (BSL-2), and aseptic technique in all Manufacturing/Laboratory processes.
- May perform QC testing of the therapeutic product per regulatory guidelines and/or SOPs.
- May help in the ongoing development of scale up production/purification processes.
- Must maintain a clean working environment including participation in regular laboratory cleaning schedule per established cleaning SOPs.
- BS in biology or related field.
- 1 – 2 years of experience in a laboratory setting, prefer experience in microbiology and/or bacteriophage biology.
- Experience in the operation of downstream equipment such as depth filtration, TFF, and chromatography in a GMP environment is preferred.
- Must be able to lift 40 lbs.
- Must be able to stand and work for extended periods of time.
- Will require scheduling flexibility to accommodate varying manufacturing schedules. Weekend shifts are also possible.
- Outstanding organizational and communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Self-motivation, adaptability, and a positive attitude
Compensation: Salary is industry-standard and is commensurate with experience.
To apply: Please email cover letter and resume to [email protected]
Job ID: 2020-014