Position Description: Senior Software Engineer
Exciting opportunity for a Senior Software Engineer to join the team at Adaptive Phage Therapeutics (APT). The Senior Software Engineer will oversee the computational approach to interpreting the data from HRQT assays.
- Development and operation of bioinformatics pipeline:
Using commercial and open source software the candidate shall implement and robust pipeline whose inputs are either DNA sequence reads, or DNA assemblies and outputs are an (functionally) annotated sequence with a reported making note particular (classes of) genes. It’s expected to use data from any publicly available source to complete this.
- Development and operation of several in-house data management processes:
Many of the current processes are done on paper limiting their usefulness. The candidate shall help design, develop, and operate several business process tools working to make internal information more available and visible.
- Development of deployable inventory management interface:
The candidate shall be part of a team that designs and deploys an APT branded software tool that runs on a tablet computer used for deployed installations of the PhageBank™. The software tool shall allow operators at remote sites to interact with deployed freezers while keep track of inventory and connection to the APT central database.
- Outstanding communication, collaboration, and problem solving
- Administrative or project management experience in research or product development settings
- Experience interacting with scientific stakeholders
- Familiarity working in a Linux environment
- Careful, detail-oriented working style Initiative in suggesting and executing process improvements
- Bachelor’s degree in a Life Science or Computing Field with at least three years of experience OR a Master’s Degree in Bioinformatics with relevant academic experience
The position reports to the Director, Product Development
Compensation: Salary is industry-standard and is commensurate with experience.
To apply: Please email cover letter and resume to [email protected]
Job ID: 2020-011