Position Description: Bioinformatician
Exciting opportunity for experienced Bioinformatician to join the team at Adaptive Phage Therapeutics (APT). The Bioinformatician will manage complex biological data sets, including the complete pipeline for genomic sequence analysis.
- Perform computational analysis of various genomic data sets using common bioinformatics tools and pipelines.Tools include but not limited to:
- SPAdes, CLC Genomics Workbench, RAST, Glimmer, Genemark, PGAP
- Develop production procedure for analyzing genome data.
- Register metadata about biomarker data assets in internal systems and databases.
- Collaborate with scientists and informatics colleagues to inventory, store and catalog available biomarker data for prioritized projects and studies.
- Communicate extensively with exploratory biomarker data managers, scientists, research associates, operations managers, clinical data managers, analysts, and vendor representatives.
- Work with data management colleagues to distribute data transfer requests, monitor processing queues and contribute to workflow improvements.
- Maintain content of internal knowledge sharing and documentation repositories.
- Management of permissions and access for data stored on internal file systems.
- Project coordination tasks as a member of the data management team.
- Coordinate with internal stakeholders and external business partners.
- Provide reports and recommendations to senior leadership.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Biology, Life Sciences or a related discipline.
- Three (3) to Five (5) years experience in computational biology
- Outstanding communication, collaboration, and problem solving
- Administrative or project management experience in research or product development settings
- Experience interacting with scientific stakeholders
- Familiarity working in a Linux environment
- Familiar with bioinformatics tools/software
- Programming/scripting/database experience a plus (Python, bash, SQL, unix)
- Experience with cloud computing, high performance computing clusters a plus
- Wet bench biology experience a plus
- Careful, detail-oriented working style
- Initiative in suggesting and executing process improvements
The position reports to the Director, Product Development
Compensation: Salary is industry-standard and is commensurate with experience.
To apply: Please email cover letter and resume to [email protected]
Job ID: 2020-005