Position Description: Curator/Bioinformatician
Exciting opportunity for experienced bioinformatician/curator to join the team at Adaptive Phage Therapeutics (APT). APT is seeking a highly motivated individual skilled in viral/bacteriophage biology, bacterial genomics and pathogenicity, knowledgeable about wet bench sequencing operations and experienced in curation and analysis of annotated genomic data sets. The successful candidate will integrate with the current team of biologists and computer scientists.
- Analyze computational analysis of various genomic data sets using common bioinformatics tools, techniques, and pipelines.
- Improve sequence data quality, classification, and annotation based on bioinformatic analysis, appropriate scientific literature, and through direct communication with scientists.
- Develop/execute production procedures for analyzing genome data in a regulated environment.
- Work with data management colleagues to distribute data, monitor processing queues and contribute to workflow improvements.
- Coordinate project tasks as a member of the data management team.
- Provide analysis, reports, and recommendations to senior leadership
- Work with scientists and informatics colleagues to inventory, store and catalog available data for prioritized projects and studies.
- Maintain content of internal knowledge sharing and documentation repositories.
- Coordinate with internal stakeholders and external business partners.
- Outstanding communication, collaboration, and problem solving
- Familiarity working in a Linux environment
- Familiar with bioinformatics tools/software
- Programming/scripting/database experience a plus (Python, bash, SQL, unix)
- Careful, detail-oriented working style
- Well organized
- Initiative in suggesting and executing process improvements
- Innate curiosity
- Experience with sequence analysis and bioinformatics software
- Strong problem solving and analytic skills
- Master’s degree or Ph.D. in Biology, Life Sciences, or a related discipline.
- Three (3) to Five (5) years of experience in computational biology
- Examples of software projects/analysis completed
- Knowledge of/experience with the various sequencing technologies a plus
The position reports to the Director, Product Development
Compensation: Salary is industry-standard and is commensurate with experience.
To apply: Please email cover letter and resume to [email protected]
Job ID: 21.007