Adaptive Phage Therapeutics (APT) is a clinical-stage biotech company developing innovative bacteriophage therapies addressing the global crisis of antibiotic-resistant bacterial infections. APT is looking for an experienced Manufacturing Associate I to join our biopharmaceutical manufacturing team. The manufacturing team is responsible for amplifying and purifying bacteriophages to be used in a clinical setting.
- Grow bacterial batch culture and amplify bacteriophages in batch cultures including working with single use disposable bioreactor systems.
- Perform in-process testing of material throughout the manufacturing process.
- Propagate, maintain, and catalogue bacterial cell and bacteriophage lines used for manufacturing of the therapeutic drug product.
- Perform processes for the manufacture and purification of the therapeutic product(s) under approved Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Prepare analytical lab reports or summaries as required within the necessary time frame.
- Perform in-house microbiological assays for manufactured material and/or clinical trial samples.
- Adhere to the company Quality Management System (QMS) to maintain highly controlled manufacturing processes.
- Adhere to current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP), Good Documentation Practices (GDP), Biological Safety Level-2 (BSL-2), and aseptic technique in all Manufacturing/Laboratory processes.
- May help in the ongoing development of scale up production/purification processes.
- Must maintain a clean working environment including participation in regular laboratory cleaning schedule per established cleaning SOPs.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Microbiology or a related life science field.
- 1-3 years’ experience in a commercial manufacturing environment.
- Will require scheduling flexibility to accommodate varying manufacturing schedules.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft 365 programs.
- Outstanding organizational and technical communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Self-motivation, adaptability, positive attitude, and the ability to multitask while under pressure.
- Must be able to lift at least 40 pounds.
- Must be able to stand and work for extended periods of time.
Compensation: Salary is industry-standard and is commensurate with experience.
To apply: Please email cover letter and resume to [email protected]
Job ID: 21.017