Position Description: Microbiologist I
Exciting opportunity for an experienced microbiologist/phage biologist to join the team at Adaptive Phage Therapeutics (APT). The candidate will work with various teams within our production department to learn all aspects.
- Performs processes for the manufacture of the therapeutic product(s) under approved standard operating procedures (SOPs).
- Performs QC testing of the therapeutic product per regulatory guidelines and/or SOPs.
- Propagate, maintain, and catalogue bacterial cell and bacteriophage lines used for manufacturing of the therapeutic drug product.
- Adheres to the company Quality Management System (QMS) to maintain highly controlled manufacturing process.
- Adheres to current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP), Good Documentation Practices (GDP), Biological Safety Level-2 (BSL-2), and aseptic technique in all manufacturing/Laboratory processes.
- Prepares raw materials and/or equipment for manufacturing and laboratory processes.
- Prepare samples for shipping to collaborators or third-party vendors.
- Assists in the ordering of materials for manufacturing and participates in the inventory auditing.
- Maintains a clean working environment including participation in regular laboratory cleaning schedule per established cleaning SOPs.
- BS in biology or related field.
- 1 – 2 years of experience in a laboratory setting, prefer experience in microbiology and/or bacteriophage biology.
- Must be able to lift 40 lbs.
- Must be able to stand and work for extended periods of time.
- Will require scheduling flexibility to accommodate varying manufacturing schedules. Weekend shifts are also possible.
- GMP experience is a big plus.
- Bacteriophage experience is a plus.
- Outstanding organizational and communication skills.
- Proven experience as a team player
Compensation: Salary is industry-standard and is commensurate with experience.
To apply: Please email cover letter and resume to [email protected]
Job ID: 2020-010