Position Description: Next Generation Sequencing Technician
Exciting opportunity for a junior-level technician to learn Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) and join the Product Development team at Adaptive Phage Therapeutics (APT). The successful candidate will mainly be responsible for DNA extraction and purification from microbiological organisms but will also assist with DNA library preparation for NGS projects using Oxford Nanopore’s long-read sequencing platform.
- Follow Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and execute laboratory techniques which may include but are not limited to the following: cell culture, DNA extraction and purification, NGS DNA sequencing, PCR, gel electrophoresis, and other common microbiological and molecular biology techniques.
- Troubleshoot and adjust scientific methodology to correct problems or deficiencies as needed.
- Maintain careful laboratory records including written lab notebooks and well-organized digital data files.
- Manage laboratory supply inventory and report deficiencies to supervisor as needed.
- Adhere to all SOPs and project schedules set by supervisor(s).
- Provide daily project updates to supervisor(s).
- Coordinate efforts with data analysis teams as well as management ensuring the business needs are met.
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in Biology, Life Sciences, or a related discipline.
- One (1) year of academic or industrial laboratory experience (non-specific).
- One (1) year of previous bacterial cell culture and molecular biology laboratory experience is a plus, but not required.
- Demonstrated knowledge of maintaining accurate and detailed records.
- Demonstrated knowledge of proper laboratory disposal methods and safety procedures.
- Ability to adhere to the company Quality Management System (QMS) to maintain highly controlled manufacturing and quality processes.
- Adhere to current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP), Good Documentation Practices (GDP), Biological Safety Level-2 (BSL-2), and aseptic technique in all Manufacturing/Laboratory processes.
- Must maintain a clean working environment including participation in a regular laboratory cleaning schedule per established cleaning Standard Operating Procedures.
- Cell culture and/or molecular laboratory experience is a plus.
- Careful, detail-oriented working style.
- Outstanding communication, collaboration, and problem-solving skills.
This full-time position reports to the Director, Product Development.
Compensation: Salary is industry-standard and commensurate with experience.
To apply: Please email cover letter and resume to [email protected]
Job ID: 21.006